Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Your Joy Will Be Great" 5-8-2012


Hola Family!

First of all i just wanted to correct something that i wrote in my last email. I reread what I wrote last week, haha, and i notest a sentance of apostacy. I accidentally said that the "will of god is exactly what i what" but i meant to say that I learned that the will of god is not exactly what i want. haha, I just wanted to correct that. 

But this week was pretty good as well. Right now me and my companion have 5 baptismal dates for the 19 of may. We are going to baptize the family that didnt get baptized last week, and we are also going to baptize 3 patojos (kids), that are really pilas (awesome). Their mom also has a testimony of the book of mormon but she cant get baptized because her husband isnt married to her, and it just so happens that her "husband" is married to someone else. So the process of divorce and marriage will take a little bit longer with her. It is kind of sad, but i know that someday she will get baptized. She told us that the book of mormon was the most "complete" and perfect book about the gospel of jesus christ she has ever read. She is really smart, she is studying to be a judge right now. 

Me and my companion this week showed up to an appointment, and the guy wasnt there. our back up plan had also fallen through. So we were just standing there thinking about what we could do, when this guys neighboor came out. So we contacted him and he let us in. He told us that he has a addiction to alcohol, and because of his addiction his wife and son left him. He told us alot of other really sad stuff as well, he basically has been humbled down to the dust of the earth. He really wants to change, and he has never really gone to any church before. On sunday he showed up all by himself. That showed us that he is very serious about his commitment to change. We are going to try and baptize him this month as well. Yesterday I passed the 22 month mark on my mission, and up to this point I have helped 40 souls be baptized (not counting the investigadors that I tought that got baptized after I left the area) But that number really isnt that important to me. But its like what it says in Doctrine and Covenants 18 that your joy will be great even if you bring just one soul unto repentance. I have worked my butt off in my mission, but I wish that I could start the 2 years over with the knowledge and experience that I have obtained, to help even more people to be saved.

In district meeting I gave my testimony in english and it was really hard, haha, i kept saying words in spanish without realizing it. I dont know what I am going to do when i get home. 

We cleaned the apartment for like 4 hours yesterday because tommorow we have house inspections, and Sister Brough promised the zone with the cleanest apartments a barbaque rib dinner! So i got down on my knees and scrubbed my heart out.

Tommorow we also have interviews with President Brough. 

I was talking with my companion and we decided that it would be better to call in the afternoon, maybe at like 8pm my time. Because in the morning we have to bring our investigadors to church and go to PEC meeting. Hopefully that will work out ok with you guys. 

Well, I hope you guys have a good week. I cant believe how different you guys look. Well actually everyone looks about the same except for dad (who is a little bit skinnier) and (kevbot who is a little bit taller.)

No comments:

Post a Comment