Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Time Flying Away 6-19-2012


Hola Family!

First off to respond to Kristens question I do know Elder Hopper, I went contacting with him on his first day in the field. Hes pretty pilas.

In this week I also learned a ton. We had 3 days worth of meetings. We had a special meeting with Elder Maynes of the presidency of the seventy. He tought us about how we need to develop celestial habits, or in other words we need to start getting used to living in the celelestial kingdom starting right now, so basically he was calling us to unto repentance. I also learned that God will always always fulfill his promises if we do what he is asked. So I thought to myself I better read my patriarchal blessing...but I couldnt find it, cough cough, thats embarassing. But its a good thing that I left a copy in the house...right.

This week we also had some progress with the family that we are going to baptize. They now want to get married! yay! but we figured out that they have a rather large legal issue that complicates things. Apparently he has a huge debt, thats like 24,000 quetzales (3,000 dollars). They company has come to reposess stuff from him because he is currently out of work and hasnt been making his payments. However, he doesnt have any possesions of great value. His wife has a little van that they use to go out and sell yogurt and stuff. He told us that if they get married the company will come and confiscate the car. Darn! marrying people is never easy down here in guatemala. However I still know that God will provide a way for them to find a solucion to this problem, even if it means getting their car confiscated.

On sunday two of my converts got conferred that aaronic priesthood! That was awesome. Next week we are hoping that Emilio will be able to baptize his step daughter who we are working with right now. Her name is Dayana. We have been helping her be active in seminary, and she really likes it. She has been going to seminary all by herself. She is 14.

Well, I am not going to lie I think that I have really started to feel time flying a way. before my mission I was really nervous to leave, but I think that I am even more nervous now that I am coming home. Can you guys ask Brother Fricke if he is looking for some more window washers that would be great.

Love,
Elder West






No comments:

Post a Comment