Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

5 Weeks Left, Working With Urgency 6-5-2012



Hola Familia,

Well this week was pretty good. I got my new companion his name is Elder Folland and he is from Bountiful Utah. He is really cool, its kind of weird being able to speak in english so much again. I guess its a good practice. He only has 10 months in the mission so I dont have to worry about him being baggy, which is really nice.

On sunday it rained really really hard. I cant even explain with words how hard it rained. Within 10 minutes their was a river in the street that rose about half way up my shin. It was actually kind of fun, especially when  buses would drive by (just use your imagination). And also for the first time in my 23 months here in guatemala it hailed.

On sunday we were really sad because we only had one investigador at church, in contrast to the 10 investigadors that showed up last week. The worst part is that in the morning we called all of them, and they all said that they were going to come. When we went to go pick them up, none of them were able to go. Sometimes I wish I had the power of an angel to be able to call people unto repantance and actually have them pay attention and do what i say. But all we can do is invite people to use their agency.

We also had a great lesson with a less active kid and his mom and sister, who arent members. He is working with the bishop to get back on the right track and his goal is to baptize his mom. He told us that his mom has listened to the missionaries a lot, but everytime the missionaries challenge her to get baptized she stops listening. So i was trying to think how we could invite her to come unto christ without asking her to get baptized and came to the conclusion that you cant. So we told him that if we couldnt challenge her to get baptized he would have to do it. So before we had the lesson we planned it out with him. and during the lesson he challenged him mom to be baptized and is was really powerfull. She didnt say yes but she said that she is willing to do it as soon as she can stop some bad habits that she has.

Now that I am in my last change I feel just like Kristen said, with too much to do with so much little time. I am going to be working with alot more urgency in these last 6 weeks. We are currently working with 2 families that we can baptize this month, the only thing is that neither of them are married and they have to develop their testimonies alot. But I know that it is possible.

Well, I hope you guys have a great week. I know I only have 5 weeks left but its still okay to write me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment