Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"anything is possible if we have faith and hope" 7-3-2012

Hola familia!

This past week went by really fast for me, first of all because i was
working really really hard, and second of all alot of cool stuff happened.
One thing that happened this week is  that it rained ALOT. On saturday,
there was soo much water in the street me and Elder Folland just decided to
pretend that we were waiding in the ocean. The water seriously got half way
up my shins. My companion had a pretty close call because as we were
walking along in the brown street water he almost stepped into a big man
whole. I was noticing that my black backpack that I used at BYU and through
out my whole mission is no longer black, its brown.

We also had the opportunity to go out and work with president brough on
wednesday. We had our weelky planning session with him and then he went out
and worked with us for about hour. In our weekly planning session I
realized that alot of times we recieve revelation without even realizing
it. President Brough helped us recognize that. He also tought us about the
importance of being very efficient and organized in everything and that we
cant let our level of attention down one bit for the rest of our lives.
Before he was mission president he was president of a big company and he
said that the key to getting the trust of any future boss that I have will
depend alot on my organization skills, and being relyable in the
information that I give him and the ability to carry out his orders
efficiently and quickly as possible. He said that there is bastante
competition out there and that we need to be the best of the best.  When he
went out and worked with us, all of our plans fell through, even our plan D
fell through, but it gave us a good chance to contact alot of people.

Also we some really good new investigadors. We found a single mother and
her daughter, their names are Evelyn and Elida. They dont go to any church
and they are new in town. Evelyn is about 20 and we told  her that she
could find alot of really good friends her age in the church. She came to
church all by herself on sunday, and she really liked it. We tought them
the restoration and she understood really super good. I am positive that we
will baptize them. We also found a new family, the husband is actually a
less active member who was baptized when he was like 8 years old. He is
currently living with his "Wife" Blanca (they are not actually married).
Blanca is really interested, and also her 3 kids are really interested. The
only thing is that Carlos got married so someone in the united states, but
never got divorced to her. SO that makes getting him married to Blanca
really really hard. But anything is possible if we have faith and hope.

This week has started off really well. First of all becuase it hasnt rained
and me and my companion are working our butts off. Yesterday was p-day but
we still had 4 lessons, and 142 contacts. Today we had a zone leader
counsel, and we got some pretty good contacts in the buses.  However, when
we were about half way there we realized that we had left all of the
baptismal records at home. (The are office needs all of the records in the
first week of everymonth). So after I picked my heart off of the ground, we
jumped off the bus and grabbed a taxi to take us back to our area. When we
got to our area we realized that not all of the registros were in the
house. So we had to go all the way to one of our district leaders areas to
pick those up. Wheeew! but we still got to our meeting intime and president
didnt give us chicote (punishment/chastisement)

But yah, all is well in zion. I am   going to work really really hard this week.

Love,
Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment