Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"killing" the change right before you are going to get "killed" 5-22-2012


Hola Family,

This week was pretty good. Me and my companion had 5 baptisms this week! I attatched the fotos. We had a combined baptism with Elder Lontine who also baptized a family. Elder Lontine is going to be living in King Henry as well. The stake president helped us to organize the baptismal servicem, Wich ran really smoothly. Elder Bench, was supposed to baptize another family as well but his family got pulled over on the way to the service and he had to go back home because he didnt have his papers on him. That was really unlucky. We baptized Emilio and Viviana, a family that I found contacting in the street. I first found emilio, and I almost didnt contact him because he is a bigger more intimidating guy but, I am really glad that I opened my mouth. Gabriela, Jorge, and Angel were a door contact that we did. Their mom also wants to get baptized but she cant right now because she doesnt want to get married to her husband. But she probably should of thought about that before she had 6 kids with him, haha. God is really just, and we get what we deserve. We are trying to work with both of them so that they can have more love in home, so that they can get married.

I didnt eat beans like this whole week. And guess what happened...I got boo. I think that my stomach has officially changed into a guatamalan stomach. I recovered really fast, but it was still a pain in the butt...literally. haha

Right now in my zone we are fighting to be the most succesfull zone this month. because President Brough, always invites the most succesful zone out to lunch.




My companion is kind of getting nervous because he goes home next week. It kind of sucks "killing" the change right before you are going to get "killed" pero ni modo, el tiempo sigue pasando.

We also had the opportunity to have a meeting with Elder Amado, of the area presidency. It was Great. Next october he is going to be the Seventy with the most time as a seventy. He has alot of experience in the mission work. He talked alot about how us as 20 year kids, complicate this message way to much. He tought us that there are 3 absolute truths, the first one is that everyone needs to know that Jesus is the Christ, second is that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration, and third that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints is the kingdom of God on the face of the earth. He also tought all of the missionaries who are ending their missions that they need to get married as fast as possible, and to not wait to have as many children as possible. He said that we shouldnt wait until we are done studying. I will do my best to do what he said, but I am not going to lie, thinking about it makes me really stressed out. haha

Well, I love you guys and I hope yall have a good week.

Love,
Elder West




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment