Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Last E-mail 7-10-2012

Hola Family,

I just got to say your letters really made me laugh. I think after I read
your letters is when it actually really started to click in my brain that I
am going home. I have been in denial this whole past week. I worked my butt
off, and for me I really didnt feel like I was going home. This past week
me and my companion had 780 contacts, and we still managed to find new
investigadors and have lots of good lessons. We also experienced a miracle.
The Garcia Family decided to get married! and as a matter of fact they got
married Yesterday! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! We did everything humanly
possible to try and help them to keep this commandment, and I honestly felt
peace inside knowing that I had done everything. I also never lost hope
that they were going to get married someday. God just did his part, he
changed their hearts, which is the one thing that we as missionaries cannot
do. My testimony of this gospel has increased soo much! Above all that I
have learned in my mission I think that I have learned to trust in the
Lord, always having hope that I will accomplish what the Lord wants me to
accomplish. I still dont know what my major will be in college, or what job
i will have, I dont know who my wife is going to be, and I dont even know
what life after the mission is going to be like. But I do know that if Im
obedient to all of the commandments that God has given me, everything will
work out. Of all of the lives that I have seen change in these past 2 years
I think that the biggest change happened in my life. I will never ever ever
forget what I have learned in my mission. I found a scripture in 1
corinthians 13:11 that sums up what I just said really good. You guys
should look  it up.

Kristen you scared the crap out of me when you said that all of my friends
are going to take me to a dance on friday. My mind cannot comprehend what
hugging a member of the opposite sex is like, even less dancing with one.
Hopefully I wont look to awkward or do anything embarrasing.

I cannot wait to see you all! Its just like Kristen said, I feel really
really weird right now. I dont know if I am sad or happy. Think I am
somewhere in between. I think that maybe I can say that I am in a state of
shock.

Well I love you guys and I will see you on thursday.

Love,
Elder West

P.S Teryaki sounds good right now

No comments:

Post a Comment