Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Power of Hope 6-12-2012


Hola Familia!

This week was great! Elder Folland and I our working our butts off, we really work good togather as a team because we both want to be really obedient and we both want to work really hard. I promise I will send you guys some more pictures so that you can see what my companion looks like, but today I forgot my camera cables. Today we are going to go listen to a general authority, its a surprise because they havnt told us who it is going to be. They also let us know like 2 days ago, which was kind of "mala onda" because we have to go to a chapel in a different mission and nobody knows how to get their. The APs just told us to figure it out. But me and my companion are awesome so we looked around and hired a bus that would take us and another zone to the chapel for super cheap. booya. That is part of the reason why I forgot my camera cables because we were really busy organizing this last minute trip. 

We have been also working really really hard to baptize a family called the Garcia family. There are 9 people in this family and 5 of them are old enough to get baptized.We are doing everything possible so that they can get baptized, we are having lessons in the house of a member, we took them to a baptismal service in our zone, we have daily contact, and etc... The only think we have to do is get them married. But thats not to hard, we only have 2 weeks to do it but we have hope. We have a goal to get them baptized on the 23 of june because we are organizing another "white night" with the stake president on that day. 

This week I have learned alot about the power of hope. Hope can turn a hard and stressfull situation into a very nice one. On sunday we went to go pick up the familia Garcia to go to church but as we arrived we saw that they were getting ready to go to work, and we were like "noooooooo!" you have to come to church. But they assured us and said that they only had to go out and earn a little bit more to pay the rent. So we went back to church because we had to go to PEC meeting. But before we went into PEC me and my companion found an empty room and we kneeled down to pray and asked our heavenly father to help them come to church. After we ended the pray we just knew that they were going to come, and we stopped  worrying about it. And in the end they came! I like having hope.

Well I love you guys and I look forward to hearing from you next week! And congratulations mom on your Graduation that is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment