Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pay Attention in Seminary! 5/11/2011





Hola Familia!

It was really good to be able to talk to you guys yesterday. I like writing letters and stuff to you guys and everything, but talking in person is way better. I have been on my mission for 10 months, and I have already began to see the changes that I have made as a person for the better. My knowledge of the scriptures and the gospel has grown to a level 50 million times more than what I was able to learn in my byu religion classes. I always look forward to study time in the morning because I always learn something new everytime. Lately I have been memorizing the scripture mastery scriptures in the book of mormon in spanish. Write now I have the first 5 memorized, and the cool part is that I have been able to apply everysingle one of them in a lesson with my investigadors. Everytime I study, I keep I always keep in mind that what I am studying may help someone to save their life. Their is no better feeling than sitting in a lesson with an investigador who has a really inspired question of god, and being able to answer their doubt with the scriptures. I honestly wish that I had payed more attention in seminary.

ON sunday we had a baptism! we baptized Mery Hernandez, she is 19 years old and her sisters family was baptized 3 months ago. She is a really good convert and has a really good testimony of the church. She will get confirmed this next sunday. One of the best ways to find people to get baptized is to teach the imediate family of in active members and recent converts.

Next week we have changes, I think that I will stay her in Peronia but there is always a chance that I could get a change.

Well I will write to you guys next week about the awesome week that I am going to have.

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment