Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"I tought the Plan of Salvation twice" 5/30/2011

Hola Familia!

It is really good to be able to hear from you guys. Its good to hear that
everyone is okay. It sounded like the funeral was a good experience for
everyone. This week I tought the Plan of Salvation twice and I absolutely
loved it. I think that it is my favorite lesson to teach. To let everyone
know their purpose in life and clear up all of the confusion that they have.
No wonder it is also called the Plan of Happiness. It really is perfect.
This morning I was studying a little bit about Light and Truth and the
reason why we can only feel a fulness of Joy when our spirits recieve it. I
think that my level of Spirituality has increased this week alot since the
death of Ben.

This week was a good week for me and Elder Lopez and I was able to learn
alot. We found 2 families this week. One of them is the Perez Hernandez
family. Edgar (husband) is and ex-gangster. He told us about how he was able
to turn away from the mistakes in his life and follow Jesus Christ. Here in
Peronia there is a church that was started, about 7 years ago, to help
bring togather to Rival gangs. Edgar was part of one of those gangs and he
told us his really amazing experience. As we were talking with him he told
us of the happiness going to church has brought him, but he also told us
that he felt that there was still something missing that he could not
explain. He said that he let us in to see what it was that we bring. The
spirit was really strong in this lesson and I really hope that me and Elder
Lopez can help them to gain a testimony. (And they are MARRIED!)

The second family that we found was a part member family. The day that we
found them was really hard, we were walking all day and we were really
tired. I remember that we stopped for a moment to think about what we should
do. The only thing that came to my mind was that we just needed to start
knocking more doors. My Companion knocked on the door that we stopped in
front of and the people there welcomed us in immediately. I was kind of
shocked at that someone let us in so easily. We talked with a guy named Lot.
I turned out the he is a member and his wife isnt. He went inactive about 5
years ago because he felt that the ward members were ingoring him because no
one came to visit him. But he told us that he still loves the church and
that he wants to come back. And the other cool thing is that he was talking
about the Missionaries who baptized them, Their names were Elder West, and
Elder Christiensan. And he was like, Elder West was a great person who
really changed my life and that he loved him alot. Little did he know that
my name I also Elder West. He thought it was really cool when he found out
my name was Elder West as well. anyways they are also very positive. ( we
just have to get them married first)

Well I Love you guys, Im sorry I didnt send pictures, I ran out of time and
my district leader is giving me an Evil look. I will send pictures next
week. The church is TRUE!


Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment