Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Elder Ben Jennings 5/23/2011

I really dont have words. My mission president called me at about 9:11
in the night and broke the news to me that Elder Jennings had died in
the morning. I was speachless, I dont think anything has ever shocked
me this hard in my life. I did not sleep well that night. For the past
3 days I have been thinking and applying the plan of salvation to this
experience. Despite the pain that I do feel, the spirit has been able
to comfort me significantly. I imagine that Ben is just as suprised as
we are to have made such a fast transition in his mortal experience. I
can just imagine uncle stewart and grandmother cook rushing through
the crowd to greet and comfort him in his transition.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to testify of the plan of salvation to
a family that we are teaching. I really have no doubt in my mind that
it is true and this knowledge has brought more peace to my life than
ever before. Our investigador told us yesterday that of all of the
churches that she has been to she has never felt so peaceful than she
has when we have arrived to teach her and she told us its true. YES IT
IS! it is absolutely true, and we have God the father, Jesus Christ
and the Holy Ghost to back us up. There is no wonder why everysingle
member of this church is able to feel so much happiness and peace
despite all that we go through!

I wish I could be there to comfort Uncle Dave Aunt Emily, and Leah and
Wes and Wendy and I will be praying for them always. I have commited
this time in my life to the lord and I will continue to do it for the
rest of my life. I know that Ben will also continue to testify of our
lord jesus christ and I know that he will be a great comfort to many
souls who have died without a knowledge of him.

I know that this church is true, Joseph Smith was given the authority
and power of god to establish his kingdom on the earth. I know that
the book of mormon is true, I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet
of God. There is nothing more important or more urgent than to let
everyone know this as well. My heart goes out to the Jennings family,
I will write them a letter as soon as I can.

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment