Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Last Interview With President Baldwin" 6/13/2011






Hi familiy

Yet another week has gone by and I am in still in denial and still cannot believe that I am a missionary and that I have been out for 11 months. I also cannot except the fact that Kristen is half way done in her mission. I thought it was cool that for once in my life I accomplished something before my big sister !YES! but she still found a way to finish that one thing before me !CHAFA! I will get home and I will ask Kristen "so what did you do while I was gone" and she will respond " I Served a mission!" It´s ok though the day I get home I will beat her in a game of Settlers of Cataan and we will call it even.

This week was nice. We had our last interview with President Baldwin on thursday which was kind of sad, on june 26 President Brough from Utah is going to come to our mission with his family. President Brough is really young along with his wife he has to drag along their 14 year old daughter. It should be interesting. I dont think I have ever described President Baldwin to you before, he is probably the best mission president in the world. He flew fighter planes on aircraft carriers for along time and than after that he became the boss of a large aerospace company if that gives you anyclue to his character. He is about 5 foot 6 but is also one of the most intimidating men I have ever met in my life. He has absolutely zero tolerance for disobedience and leaves no room for error whatsoever. My interviews with him are about 3 minutes long (no joke, I actually timed us one time haha) He has all of us at attention at all times. In Zone conferences we all show up really prepared because he likes to ask hard questions to random people, and if you get the answer wrong he will make you feel really stupid, hahahah. Its kind of funny sometimes but it has also happened to me so I really cannot laugh. He really cares about, and loves us alot. He has all changed our lives and helped us to realize the power and authority that we have. In his farewell testimony to us I saw him cry for the first time which almost made me cry to. He is a great man, I could totally see him as a general authority or I could also see him as a general of the worlds most awesome army of titanium superwarriors that shoot lasers out of their eyes, he totally could.

This week was also amazing because 4 people came to church. We are currently teaching A mom called Amanda and her 3 children. THey are ready for baptism they are prepared by god. The only problem is that her husband is a loser and they are also not married. And she doesnt want to get married to him because he is a loser.

We got fed 2 this past week as well which is a new record. Elder Lopez´s birthday is today so I made his bed today for his birthday present. My companion only has 2 weeks left in the mission. Being with someone who is going home is sometimes chafa because it makes me think about home alot to, but its ok. WEll I gotta go .

Love Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment