Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

"9 new investigadors" in Peronia 5/2/2011

Hola Familia

Im sorry I dont have pictures today, I am just to afraid to take my camera out in public. But I will try to snap a few shots this week so that you guys can see what Peronia is like. While me and my companion are walking up and down the streets I dont really get scared, I feel really confident and secure as a servent of the lord.

Anyways this week was good. Me and my companion found 9 new investigadors and we had two families come to church on sunday. Our golden family is doing great, I tried to let them copie the mormon tabernacle choir music that I have but their computer didnt let them do it. The only bummer is that they wont be able to be baptized for another 5 months or so. Hermana Velma has to get divorced from her old husband first (which is sometimes a really complicated process), and then she has to be get married to her new husband. That means that I might not be in this area when they get baptized. That makes me sad but its ok. We have another family set up to get married on the 14th of may as well. They are the martinez garcia family. Astrid (the wife) is a member but her husband Juan benito isnt. Right now neither of them have work, but they want to have a really expensive party with food, and golden rings, and music, and hermano Juan wants to fly his parents up from nicaragua. Me and my companion have been trying to explain to them in the nicest way that we can, that the prophets have told us not to spend more than we have, and also we really just need them to get married so that they arent living in sin. They could of had a wedding 13 years ago before the had 3 children and lost all of their money. We have been promising them that the lord will bless them if they will keep his commandments, but they want to do what they want to do before they keep his commandments. Sometimes it is really frustrating, but in the end I know that they will get baptized.

A couple of days ago I cooked some scrambled eggs for dinner and I decided to eat the eggs right out of the frying pan, because I didnt feel like washing a plate. But while I was eating I dropped the biggest piece of egg on the ground...and then I ate it. The next day i really regreted that decision, I didnt throw up but I think I got like a virus or something. Right now I am better but for like 2 days i was dyin. It felt like I was walking around with a really big fat guy sitting on my head. I took some ibuprofen and that helped alot.

So this sunday you guys can call me. My number is 011-4061-1387. we can do it at like 8 oclock 9 oclock or 10 oclock (guatemalan time, I dont know what the time difference is). It all depends on our day. But what I can do is I can call you guys, and tell you guys that I am ready and then you can call me back. I can only talk for 40 minutes.

Anyways everything is all good here, I am fine. Its awesome to hear that Peter went through the temple that is awesome! Its nuts to think That I will be home almost a full year before he gets home from brazil. It is also good to here that Osama Bin Laden has been killed. In one week I will hit my 10 month mark, I cannot believe it. I have had 3 areas, 5 companions, and I can speak spanish. Holy Moly! 14 months of awesomeness left to go. Love you guys, talk to you all on sunday.


love,

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment