Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Lost Papers" 3/28/2011






Hola

I am just going to say that this past week was one of those weeks that did not go well, and was probably gods idea to help us to be more humble and to test us. It seemed like every single appointment that we had this week fell through, not to mention our baptism and wedding did not work out either. It turned out that the papers for brother Ismael have been lost. Apparently the book that contained his records was damaged during the tropical storm that happened last year, and so me and my companion will not be able to get them married and baptized until after months have passed. Me and Elder carrasco were really sad and bummed, we are hoping that there still might be a way to find his papers sooner. However, in place of this catostrophy we were blessed with another family that we found that is really really positive. Me and Elder Otuafi found them about 2 months ago and we could never find them after that. 2 months later I had the idea to give them another shot with Elder Carrasco. So we knocked on the door and to my suprise they were all there. They wanted to know why we didnt come back to teach them sooner and I felt really bad. We tought one of the best lessons about the restoration that I have tought on my mission so far and felt the spirit sooooo strong. At the end of the lesson the husband told us that the past few months he has been feeling really empty inside, but when me and tought them he felt that his emptiness was gone and that he found the peace that he was looking for, and his wife told us that the book of mormon is their new guide. After that lesson me and my companion felt like we were walking on clouds. We feel that Our father in heaven knows that we are working and that he has prepared this family for us to teach. We really think that they have the potential to be baptized. THe whole time that I was teaching I was imagining them dressed in white walking into the temple togather.

Nothing too exciting out and out of the ordinary happened today, except as my district was walking to the internet place just know we saw something really funny. THere was this guy driving down the street on his little motorcycle as happy as could be, and he honked his horn at his buddy who happened to be at the intersection ahead crossing the street with his cow. But the cow didnt like that one bit, so the cow backed up right into the path of the motorcycle guy and the motorcycle dude t-boned the poor fat cow. It was so funny, the best part was that the motorcycle dude was laughing as well, and the owner of the cow that it was hilarious too. Thats what you call having a good attitude, the motorcycle guy is a great example to us all, I hope to be like him someday, hahahaha.

Another detail is that in the month of April the catholics down here have a ton of huge activities in preperation for holy week or something. And From what I heard from the older missionaries is that this week is really hard because everyone decides to become active in the catholic church all at once. But thats ok I have general conferance to look forward to, woooooohooooooo. General conferance is better than christmas. I ahve been on the mish for almost months now and so far I am doing good on shirts and stuff so there is no need to worry mom, but I will let you guys know if I need anything. I better stop writing now so that I will have time to send you guys pictures.


Love

elder west

No comments:

Post a Comment