Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

" He Escaped" 3/7/2011






Hola Familia!

This week was a rough week, I am not going to lie. Just about every appointment we had fell through and we walked alot. But its ok I also learned alot this week as well. Sometimes I feel like I am just going on a hike with the scout troop, the only thing is that I have a white shirt and tie on. Sometimes its really nice to just walk through the forest on little dirt trails, because it gives me a little time to think and relax. This week I definetly developed some more patience. We had alot more problems with our recent convert rolando xicay xicon who has been drinking alot lately. He has been drunk everyday this week and me and my companion are really worried about him. We found him lying in the street on wednesday night, completly drunk and out of it. Me and my comp. found a tuk tuk (a tuk tuk is a 3 wheeled taxi that people use to get around town) and we dragged him in there and we carried him back to his house. We put him in bed, tucked him in and sat there until we were sure that he wasnt going to escape. We pretty much had to hold him down on his bed because he was really trying to escape. never in my life could I have imagined doing this. Alcohol is the worlds worst invention I swear. The next day we went and sat with rolando, who was still alittle bit drunk, and talked with him. We turned our backs for one second and he escaped.

We had to families come to church on sunday! the family Gomez Alcantara, and Ofelia and Ismael. Today Ismael is going in to have open heart surgery. IT is a miracle that this familiy was able to find the necessary fund to pay for this. OFelia and Ismael live in a house made of Adobe, which is basically a a type of cement that the people here make our of dirt and water. They have no doors, no windows, and live by candle light. WE are hoping that Ismael will survive his operation so that we will be able to baptize him and his wife (well almost wife, we still have to get them married).
WE have another investigador called mary and we can baptize her as well its jsut that last sunday she spilled boiling water all over her tummy and got really burned bad. The problem is, is that she is also pregnant so we are all kind of worried about that. We are hoping to baptize her this month as well. So far in my mission I have been able to have baptisms everymonth so far which is really cool.

The weather here is really nice still, right now i reckon that its about 75 degrees, sunny with some nice white fluffy clouds. I am doing fine, I havent thrown up or anything for a while so I am pretty stoked about that. My spanish is doin good, this is my second latino companion and I think that I can understand everythin now. I CAN SPEAK SPANISH! I remember sitting in the MTC wondering if it was possible. anyways It sounds like you guys are doin good, and it sounds like kevin is getting super good at swimming. He is probably better at swimming than I was when I was 12. I will let him be better at in swimming...but I will always be taller than him .

Con Amor,

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment