Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"just felt like knocking" 2/21/2011

Hola Familia!

So I had yet another very interesting and fast week. On wednesday me and my companion had an activity in the park were we were giving out free morcaff. MOrcaff is like coffee except its made out of grains just like that barley cup stuff that dad drank in england. From this activity we recieved 37 references and me and my comp have been busy trying to find all of them since. It is really hard when there are no directions. Usually a good direction included the color of the house, and a good geographical location to reference off of like in front of the school, or next to the tienda or something like that. I think that I will do that activity again in the future. I am actually really starting to like this fake cofee stuff to because the members give it to us all of the time. I will bring some back when I come home so that you guys can try, dad will probably like but im guessing no one else will. This week I had alot of good spiritual experiences as well.

My comp wanted to go find a guy who lived down by some river or something. SO we walked for a while until we found a river, I dont know if it was the right one or not. But supposedly he lived right down by the river so we walked down this litte trail but we didnt find a house so we were walking back on our way to another appointment. As we were walking back we didnt plan on knocking any of the doors because we were kind of in a hurry. But I remember walking past this one house that just cought my attention, I dont know why but I really just felt like knocking on it. So we knocked on it and we found the family garcia alcantara. It turned out that they had received the missionaries several times before and they knew everything about joseph smith, they had their own hym books and book of mormons and everything. The only reason that they had not been baptised is because they didnt want to pay tithing. Was it a coincidence that we walked all the way down to this obscure side of town looking for someone who didnt even exist but then end up finding a golden family at the first random door we knocked on? I think not. I definetly think that we were guided by the spirit and that this family may be ready to listen to us again.

But anyways I dont have much time because I spent to much time putting up pictures. I also just found out that my new mission president will be some people from utah called the family bough or something like that.In the picture he looked 1000 times less intimidating then my current mission president so I am really looking forward to meeting him. anyways all is well down here in the land of zarahemla.

Love

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment