Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, February 14, 2011

his familiy tied him to a pole 2-14-2011

Hola Familia!

Well I guess I am 20 now. I totally didnt realize it was my birthday until about 2 o clock in the afternoon...that was kind of weird. But I dont really care because I have been telling people I am 20 for about the last month and a half. Nothin to special happened but it was a good day. I have some good stories from this past week.

So we have an investigating familiy that is progressing really good called the familia Oj Ajquiy. The husbands name is vergilio and he has a drinking problem. This past week he started drinking again and so he has been out in the street for about 5 days now. WE told his family to make sure that if he comes home to not let him leave. We past by on sunday morning to pick them up to go to church not excpecting to find hermano vergilio. To our suprise he was there... but he was a bit sad. The reason why he was sad was that when he wandered into their yard early that morning his familiy tied him to a pole on their front porch so that he wouldnt leave, hahahahahah. I could not even begin to tell you how hard it was for me and my comp to not laugh. He was still really drunk and he wanted us to untie him but we thought that it was best to jsut leave him there until he got better. AFter church we returned and he had escaped, haha but at least he knows that he cant come home drunk any more. That made my day.

This week me and my comp finally figured out the magical trick to sucess in the mision. The mission process revealed by president thomas s monson is the best way to work by far! before I really didnt understand it but now I am a true convert. It all starts out in ward council, in ward council we pick 15 active families (5 from elders, 5 from relief society, and 5 from high priests) and we assign them to 15 in active families. We give them the assignment to do a social visit to the inactive family and set up a time for the full time missionaries to come over, and invite over their non member friends and familiy. We then as the missionaries will teach the inactive members and their friends all of the lessons with the active member family present. At the end of it all we will have reactivated a family as well as baptized their friends, and we start the process over again. This is amazing and it works! You guys should totally make the missionaries at home start doing it. It is revalation giving by the prophet and it really does work.

So I really liked the stuff that happened this week I am very content. I am hoping to get more baptism by the end of this month as well. Oh and another interesting thing that happened, I contacted someone who has familiy living in chicago I asked them if they new the direction but they said no. But I thought that it would be really cool to send kristen a reference from all the way down here in guatemala.

Well all is good down here in the land of mormon. I will give you guys the update next week. Sorry I didnt send photos as well I just realized that there are no usb ports on this computer at all, next week I promise I will send some though.

Happy Valentines day!

Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment