Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, February 7, 2011

litle green pumpkins stuffed with meat 2/7/11

Cho´kier Familia!

That means good afternoon in cak´chiquel. Sorry my photos didnt get sent las week the computer was being dumb and couldnt handle it so I had to delete all of them before I sent the email. I also forgot the cord for my camera this week so there wont be any photos this week unfortunately as well. This past week was an interesting one as they always are. The weather around here is beautiful as always, I dont know what temperature it is but it is perfect I am not cold and I am not hot, There is lots of sun and my tan is coming along quite nicely. This past week we had 2 more baptisms Ana Xicay Xicon and her little brother David Xicay Xicon, they are children of a family we baptized last month. These two were particulary hard to find and teach. Ana is 15 and works alot becuase she doesnt go to school and david is just a spastic 8 year old awesome kid who has a lot of wiggles. But it was really nice to beable to complete this family that we baptized last month. The only sad thing is that their dad Rolando who used to be a drunk started being drunk again. He was going strong for about 4 months but this past month he didnt come to church once and I know for sure that this caused him to be spiritually weakened. He has been out in the street for about a week now and we havent been able to find him. Alcohol is destroying this country like you have no Idea. I run into drunks everyday lying in the streets leaving behind their poor families to fend for them selves. WE have tought countless families who are living in a state of hell because the husband is a drunk. But at the same time I know for a fact that the gospel of jesus christ heals people with addictions. I am confident in telling families that if they would only apply the things we teach them that there husbands overcome their addiction to alcohol. Our investigador Vergilio Oj AJquiy is the perfect example of this. He would sometime be out in the street for months drunk and he could hardly go a day without drinking. 2 weeks ago he started to senceraly listento us and apply what we tought, and he hasnt drank a drop of alcohol since, yesterday he come to church for the first time. the first time he walked into the chapel he fell to his knees and just began to cry, he said that it felt like some one pushed him into the chapel. Me and my comp are really happy about this family, we put a goal for them to be baptized on the 20th of february.

I didnt do anyting dangerous this week. We are enjoying our new apartment that we moved into on tuesday. It is SOOOO nice. I actually feel clean when I step out of the shower, and even better this apartment has windows without bars over them, I feel like I am back in america. Oh yah and the roof isnt made out of tin so we are actually warm! That improved our spirits alot. Plus our neighboors have brought us all kinds of cool gourmet foods that their cook cook s them. OUr neighboors are really weathly. The favorite thing they gave us is these litle green pumpkins stuffed with meat which was really good.

That is really awesome that Brother meltons seminary class got to be on MTV that is so funny you guys have got to show me the video when I get back. Well I dont have much time, in one hour I have an interview with President Baldwin.

Love you guys


Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment