Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, January 31, 2011

tons of big trucks with huge speakers 1/31/2011

Hola Familia!

This week was full of itsups and downs. I will start off with the ups.

This week we found 3 new families to teach wich is really awesome. We also had zone conference, which is always really nice. I GOT the package you guys sent me, THANKS! We talked about making priorities and being the importance of being efficient. That was really helpful.We also had a really cool parade this week in our little pueblo called convite which is like a celbration of the virgen mary. I posted some pictures from it, it was massive there was thousands of people in the streets...and I was taller than everysingle one of them haha, So I got to see the parade really good. They didnt have floats but they just had tons of big trucks with huge speakers on them with peopla in costumes dancing and stuff, it was really loud. It was supposed to be the second best convite in guatemala and people from all over the country come to watch it. I also got to hang on the outside of a bus again this week. THis time I had on foot in the door and the other food inside the place were they put gas in haning onto the open window sill. I could have sworn we were going like 80 mph at one point, my companion took a video so in two years you can all see it on facebook. when you are on the side of the bus it is kind of similar to riding on top of the bus, the only difference is you have to dodge bike riders on the side of the road instead of overhanging branches. (Disclaimer: Mom if I could avoid doing dangerous stunts I would, but every single bus was full because of the parade, and we were sitting at one of the last areas in the bus route). My comp managed to snap some pictures of us with one hand while we were riding.So these are all really good ups... it was an interesting week.

The downs for this week:

I was really tired this week, and why? I dont know, but it might because the catholic church decided to have really loud parades with trumpets and drums and fireworks and yelling people at 4 oclock in the morning, two nights in a row! That is the only down side of living on mainstreet in one the most active catholic communities in the universe. Its ok I will laugh about it later on in life. The other bummer was that we couldnt find anyone because of the huge fiesta that was going on for like a whole week. This includes the girl we were supposed to baptize on saturday. We should have known that planning a baptism on one of the biggest events of the year would be difficult. So we were really sad that we couldnt baptize her on saturday but we are going to baptize her this sunday so its all good. After all of the trials I can still always find more ups than downs.


No comments:

Post a Comment