Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, January 17, 2011

"10 tortillas a meal" 1-17-2011

Hola Familia!

Well this week was incredible average. We found 7 new investigadors, tought 20 lessons, walked a ton, and placed another baptismal date. OUr new deistrict leader is Elder Reyes from nicaragua, he is a really cool guy, he was a zone leader before he came to our district. This past week me and my comp made a goal that we each wanted to lose weight this change...that lasted for about 3 hours...we ate a special order hamburger for dinner that night. WE found a little hamburger place in our little pueblo that is really awesome!. At first I thought it was grose but it has really grown on me, I think my hamburger standards have gone way down. The special hamburger that we like ot get has to patties with every thing on it with a hot dog in between the patties. IT IS SO GOOOOOD! You guys should try it some time. But yah I am definetly gaining some wait. Every told me that in the mountain areas this tends to happen. I think its because I am eating so much tortillas because they are all made out of corn and corn is a very high energy food, and when a person is eating about 10 tortillas a meal gaining weght is normal.

This thursday we are goin to go listen to edler Ballard and Elder Clark of the seventy, which we are all really excited about. Plus they are going to feed us lunch so... But tomorow me and my comp are going to go get haircuts and get all spiffed up during our p-day.

This past sunday none of our investigadors came to church which was really depressing, because there are only 2 omre sundays left in this month and they need to come to 3 sundays in order to be baptized. But next month we will try and baptize them. We even went to go cook pancakes for a family so that they would have enough time get ready for church but they still were unable to come because her doughter had a another baby like the night before that we didnt know about so they had to take care of her instead of coming to church.

THanks for the letters gradma I got all of them, I liked the candy canes alot to. Sorry I didnt write much I had to spend most of my time unfreezing my computer because it froze twice. But everything is all good down here in San Andres Itzapa.

I will talk to you guys next week!


Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment