Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

She made us turkey and everything! 12-17-2010

Hola Familia!
I know I already talked to you but I guess I can update you on what happened over the weekend. I posted alot of pictures from my baptism and what not. So on christmas we got to go eat with this women who is from colorado. She made us turkey and everything! I had all pictured in my head that we would go sit at a nice table and be served just like in america. but instaed we went into this corn field and ate outside on the ground there. This womens name is ¨pepper¨ she is like 60 years old and I have know idea what she is doing in guatemala. She is really funny and has lots of questions about the church. While we were eating we realized that there werent anymore buses that were going back to my area. So we were stranded there for a long time before we could find a ride.

The next day we had our 4 baptisms... Or so we thought. When we woke up the first the we did was call our investigodors to make sure that they were ready for the baptism. The first guy said that he decided that he wasnt going to get bapitized today because he still thinks he has a problem with cofee or something like thatand he wanted to di it a different dat. So we were bummed about that but we were just glad that he still wants to get baptized. NExt we calle the family that we were going to baptize, I talked to the wife (Hna. Estela) and she told us that she couldnt get baptized this day as well but here husband still wants to get baptized. So we were really bummed about that but we were glad that at least she still wanted to get baptized. We decided that with our other investigador (who has 16 years) we would walk to her house and bring her to church because we didnt have much luck over the phone previously. When we got there her mom was all mad and told us that she didnt want her duaghter to get baptized either. At this point me and my comp were really starting to get frustrated. We talked with her mom for like an hour until she would give us permision, luckily she did. At this point we were 30 minutes late for church, and we still havent had the baptismal interview for Hno. Rolando the husmbad of the wife who bailed out. I thought that I was going to have an ulcer or something because my district leader also showed up i hour and a half late. OUr baptism was shceduled right after the meetings ended. I dont have time to tell you about all of the other stuff that went wrong, but in the end we did have 2 baptism and we for sure have 2 more in the month of january.

ANyways I love you guys and I was really grateful to be able to talk to you guys on saturday. I hope megan megan is having a great time dating lots of boys and stuff. I still dont know if she is tall enough to get her license yet but...maybe she can practice driving on a go-kart first. Oh yah you guys asked me if I didnt need anything and I said no, but that was a lie, I was just to cought up in the moment and I forgot to look at the list that I had written down. I was wondering if you guys could send me a familiy photo or something that has all of us in it because alot of people have asked to see a photo but I dont really have one. I also had to turn my ipod into my mission president because I guess my screen was to fancy or something, so I was wondering if you guys could send me like a discman or something to play C.Ds. My comp has a lot of efy music that I can make copies of. Also I didnt know if you guys realized but everyime you send me an email through dear elder I get the same letter in paper form like 2 weeks later. So I wanst sure if you guys were doing it on purpose or what. When we get mail I usually get a stack of like 10 dear elders and all of the other elders are really jealous but I know that I have already read them. ITs not true for all of them because I dont get bens or nelsons emails in email first but thats ok. And if you feel like sending me candy just feel free.

anyways I love you guys and I will write next week.

Love

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment