Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Boy time just flies by! 1/10/2011

Hola Familia!

Well, I had more baptisms this week! On saturday we baptized edwin quinac who is 9 years old, and Estela Xicon and they both got confirmed on sunday. On sunday we baptized jose can. Jose Can has been coming to church for the past 9 months but didnt want to get baptized because his parents are pastors and he thought they would get really mad....well they did get really mad but everything is all good. Me and my comp prayed alot that his parents would soften their hearts. While my comp was baptized him he accidentally hit Jose's head on the wall, haha, I had a feeling that was going to happen. The water font was really low because little bugs and and really bad smell started to come out of the faucet so we turned it off early. We also are going to move into a new apartment next month that is really nice, it kind of reminds me of america inside. It was a total score!

Right now in Guatemala I think it is starting to get warmer, it was like 80 degrees the other day. I still have not gotten into the habit of putting on sunscreen so I still have like a permanent red face. I do floss everynight however which is improvement. So our president is really mad at our zone right now. Last p-day we went to antigua to go eat togather with some other districts. AT the restaurant they had pool tables, so we started playing pool with permision from our zone leaders. Apparently a member saw us and didnt like it and called the mission president. So now no one in the mission can play pool and we can no longer leave our areas on p-day. Bummer, haha, and president found out that me and my comp were cooking ourselves lunch and he got mad and told us to find a cook to cook for us. well....I guess its all for the best.

Last week we found 11 new investigadors, we set aside one hour everyday to knock doors and stuff which seemed to work our really well. Tonight we find out if we have changes, I am pretty sure that I will get a new companion again. I have had a new companion everychange so far which is kind of difficult but its fun to have change. I will probably be in San Andres ITzapa for a minimum of 5 months. There was another elder that was in this area for 8 months which is insane. I might get bumped up to senior comp this next change.

Well I am healthy and happy, I have officially past the 6 month mark and I now have 13 baptisms under my belt. I will continue to work my hardest. NExt week we get to go listen to Elder Ballard and Bishop Burton speak to all of the missionaries and I am really excited for that. anyways I love you guys I will write ya next week. Boy time just flies by!

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment