Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

"I look forward to all of the tomales" 12-20-2010

Hola Familia!

Feliz navidad! This week was very cool. Me and my companion did a ton of contacting. In our first three days of this week pretty much all of our appointments fell through so we did alot of walking. However because we were diligent in the last 3 days of this week we found 14 new investigadors, put another baptismal date and had several breakthroughs with our investigadors. My favorite experience this week was with Hermana Estela Xicay Xicon. They have had the missionaries teaching them for over 3 months. Her husband was a drunk and would sometimes be out on the street for weeks or even months at a time. She has been to several different churches and pretty much jsut gave up the the effort because none of the churches helped her or her husband at all to improve their lives. After 3 months, and several slip ups, her husband rolando has completely left drinking and is now a very sprirual and intelligent man. He told us that he never had anyone support him like the missionaries supported him, the missionaries never stopped coming`he said. We comitted him to be baptized the 26th of this month. However hermana Estela still did not want anything to do with this church. For the past 2 weeks me and my companion have been praying for her so that she would open her heart to this gospel. Last Wednesday she broke down to tears and apologized for not accepting us. She told us she had a dream that helped her to realize how much God loves her, and that she needs to listen to us. We comited her to be baptized the 26th of december with her husband and she accepted. This family is a miracle. When the other missionaries first found them neither of them had jobs, he was drunk, and they were just barely scraping by on life. Right now they are happy, they have both found work, there children have work, he has stopped drinking, and they are going to get baptized. This was my favorite spiritual experience this week.

I attached some action shots that I took jsut before coming to the computer lab, so that you can see what I look like when Im working really hard. I also put togather a list of some the songs that I hear everyday in teh street and on the bus and what not. I thought you guys would like to hear what I hear everyday.

  • Cielo de estrellas - el trono de mexico
  • Quein do los dos era - Diego Verdaguer
  • panamericano- don omar
  • Alejate de mi - camila
  • estoy enamorado-
  • cuando me enamoro- enrique iglesias
  • stand by me - prince royce
Part of the culture here is that they like to have really big speakers and they like to turn them up really loud so that everycan here how big there speakers are. Right now the computer lab manager guy is listening to Cielo de esrellas, and it is really loud. Megan and kevin should put these songs on their ipods to give them alittle bit of culture experience.

I look forward to all of the tomales that I am going to eat this week for christmas. So you guys can call me this saturday, at 11 o clock guatemala time. So that is probably after you guys opened all of your presents and stuff. You just have to use this number exactly 011-502-4058-2698 this is with all of the special country codes and area codes and stuff so you just have to dial that. I can only talk for 30-40 minutes but not more than 40 minutes. I hope you guys have a really nice Christmas.

Love Elder West

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment