Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"I can actually speak spanish" 12-13-2010

Hola Familia!

Its Almost Christmas! Oh and Happy Birthday MOM! This week was pretty good. I came to the realization this week that I can actually speak spanish. I really cannot believe it, I can pretty much understand just about everything. There are still alot of words I dont know but it is just coming alot easier now. I can pretty much say what ever I want to say now. On christmas you guys can call me if you want. Here is my number 011-4058-2698. I will give you guys more details next week and we can set up a time or something when you can call.

Another thing I realized is that I am getting fatter. I think its because I get fed breakfast lunch and dinner FOR FREE! man I still cannot get over that. but yah I am getting fatter, so I am not going to buy a mcflurry when we go to mcdonalds today. I also heard that people are going to start breaking out the tamales pretty soon so I am pretty excited for that. this morning I did somepushups so I think that helped alittle bit.

I am starting to learn my area alot better now. The names are alot harder to learn here because they are in cak´chiquel. I learned some new words good means UTZ and very good is UTZ PEEN PEEN. IT is an awesome language. I want to learn more but there are no books that exist that teach it I pretty sure. ANother thing I have noticed here is that during lessons my investigodaors will talk ALOT! which is good but at the same time it is really annoying. FOr example the other day I asked Hermano Chiroy Why is it important that we have prophets? THe next thing I know he is telling me about how he had a vision about some lights coming out of the sky and circuling around him. Its a challenge to keep control of the lessons, but its a good growing oportunity to learn how to control lessons. This week we set 2 baptismal dates for the 26 of December happy birthday Megan.

ME and my companion are pretty much like best buds now we make sometimes I think that we have too much fun while preaching but thats ok. all in all, all is well, the weather is beatuful and sunny and my belly is full. And I we are having success. Happy birthday mom I dont remember how old you are turning but its ok.

Adios familia!

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment