Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zone CHimaltenango 12-8-2010

Hola Familia!

Well I had changes this week. I recieved a new area and a new companion. I am now in the Zone CHimaltenango, area San Andres Itzapa and my new companion is Elder Otuafi, he is of Tongan decent. I think at this point in my mision I may have had just as many tongan companions as Elder Spencer Hoffman has who is serving in tonga. He is a really funny guy and I am a really funny guy so we have had some pretty funny times togather thus far. This area is in the mountains and it is also a bit cold, but I know that to Kristen it would be like paradise because its like below freezing there. My new companion has 7 months in the mission and I have 5. WE are both still learning spanish so teaching is sometimes a challenge. In my area there is a second language caxiquel and its like some kind of clicky mayan language where they like make cliky sounds and stuff. I dont have to learn it though because everyone can speak spanish as well. When I first got to my area I learned that there has only been 3 baptism here for the entire year! Also they currently did not have any investigadors. We are basicaly starting over fresh. Another challenge in this area is that there are no directions, no house numbers, street names, and no signs. WE have to work completly off of famous landmarks and stuff. Despite these challenges me and my comp found 11 new investigadors in the past 4 days, and committed 2 people to baptism. You have only to acheive what you wish to believe, that ryhmes unintentional.

Good news! in this area I eat for Freeeeeeeeee! There are some really really nice members that give us breakfast lunch and dinner. I nearly cried when I learned this. ITs mainly just beans and eggs but thats all I want anyways. THis also means that I now have more money leftover to eat at Mcdolnads and stuff on p'days. We live really close to Antigua which is like one of the best tourist destinations in guatemala so there are alot of good restaruants there, and alot of tourists as well that we can look at. Most of the tourists are dirty hippy people that walk around with huge backpacks.

Ahhhh I dont have much time because I want to put on some pictures talk to you guys later!

Elder WEst


No comments:

Post a Comment