Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"trunk load of spiritual experiences" 3/15/2011

Hola Famila!

Boy oh boy what a week. Thanks for sending that letter from nelson, everyone has been talking about a tsunami that happened in japan so its good to here that he is ok. NOthing exciting like a tsunami happened here or anything but, we did have a trunk load of spiritual experiences. On wednesday we were walking to an appointment and I felt like I should point out a house were members used to live, as if my comp we be interested, which he wasnt but thats not part of the story. The next day we past by that house again and we both took notice of it and talked about how wierd it looks. The next day we passed by it again, and me and my comp just stopped and stared at it for like 2 minutes. He asked me if I wanted to knock on it and was like ¨sure¨. So we did, but before we could say a word a middle aged guy with a sweet mustache invited us to come in. Me and my comp. had no clue what to do we werent so we just stood there and smiled with these dumb looks on our faces until he invited us in again. It turns out that this guy had just recently moved in and that he was baptized into the church 15 years ago but he went inactive. We happened to pass by his house on the one day during the week were he had a day off. The cool thing is that his wife is not a member so that makes her baptizable. Me and my comp thought that it was really cool how we both recieved that spiritual prompting at the same time.

WE also tought this kind named sergio samora who is 17 years old. WE had tought him 2 times before but he is really hard to find because he works and studies alot. During our lesson we learned that his mom had died and his dad abandoned him and his siblings. So Sergio has been taking care of him family almost completly by himself. HE says that his uncles come over alot to help him. We seriously believe that he has been prepared by god to recieve this gospel. He is the most humble 17 year old kid I have ever met in my life, and he has really good questions. He hasnt progressed much but it is mainly because he is so busy. I like him alot and I want to help him more.

To start this next story off I first need to explain that there is a guy in our town who people pay to drive around announcing stuff on his loud speakers, usually about the deaths of people.This week we also got asked to give a blessing to a old lady who was on the verge of death. They asked us to bless her because 3 days earlier some other members gave a blessing to one of their friends and she got better the next day. So they pretty much expected us to heal her. The moment we walked into the the room I just new that this lady had no hope whatsoever she was literally dying and could hardly breath. So me and my comp. hesitenlty gave the blessing and left. The very next morning the announcer guy drove by with his loudspeaker saying that the same lady who we blessed had just died. oops. We were the last people to give her a blessing. now its really awkward when we walk by there.

Other than these stories we set to baptismal dates for this upcoming weekend. Ofelia and her soon to be husband Ismael. 3 investigating families came to church, and we have a baptismal goal for the 26th as well.

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment