Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"proselyting in sandals" 4/4/2011






Hello family

Everytime I write an email I have absolutely no idea where to start. On tuesday I had to use my p-day to go down to the mission office. I had to go down there because I had to speak to the doctor missionary guy. The reason why I had to talk to the missionary doctor is because for the last 3 weeks by big toe had been swolen and red and oozing out pus. So I decided that I should have him check it out because it was like that for 3 weeks. The reason why my toe was like that is becuase I tried to operate on my ingrown toenail by myself. The missionary doctor guy looked at my toe for one second and ¨well I guess I will have to give you the standard surgery¨. I guess that he has had to to this alot. What he did was he numbed my toe, the took out a pare of surgical scissors or something like that and he cut right down the middle of my nail all the way down to the root and yanked it out. I have gotta say...that felt really weird. It was like 30 minutes long, he was done in like 5 minutes, and the other 25 minutes he spent telling me cool stories about how he was a top gun pilot in vietnam, and why he chose to become a doctor. I love old people stories. But the cool thing is that I had to walk around outside proselyting in sandals for two days, and my toe felt better.

Conferance weekend was really reallly good. OH man saturday morning I woke up just like it were christmas. All of the north americans get to have a break from spanish and we get our own little room with a tv in it all to ourselves. WE get to watch it in english becuase it really sucks watching it in spanish, my mission president said so himself. It is truly a blessing to be able to listen to the actual voice of the prophets instead of just listening to a translator. PLus it says in 2 nephi 31 verse 3 that all shall recieve this gospel in his own tounge (or something like that). However, the stake presidency thought that they would do us the favor of helping us learn more spanish by taking out all of the T.Vs so that we were forced to watch it in spanish with the main congregation. They almost had a full our riot on their hands. Needless to say we watched the very first session in spanish, and I mostly understood everything. But by the next session we made sure that we had are special english room. Listening to conferance talks in spanish is sooooo hard because the general authorities tend to use very eloborate anologies, and vocabulary, and not to mention the translator is speaking at the speed of sound trying to keep up. But all in all I loved every second of conferance and I learned alot, there is now 5 months and 30 days left until the next session in october.

Anyways tonight we are going to find out if I have changes, I will let you guys know next monday. I am doing alright, I am happy, healthy, and working hard. I have got to go but I hope you guys enjoyed conference as well, I tried to find dad and megan in the audience but it was to hard and I couldnt do it. I love you guys and I will talk to you guys on monday.


Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment