Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

4 convert baptisms 2/28/2012





Hey Guys!

We had 4 baptisms! Sweet. WE baptized Flor, kimberly, karen, and stefanie. They are great converts. We are still working on the husband. I got to baptize kimberly. When we were in the baptismal font, she was grabbing on to my arm sooooo hard I thought she was going to rip it off. As I said the baptism prayer she was shaking and I tried not to smile as I was saying it. But afterwards I think that she was just fine. Kimberly is 15, flor is the mom, karen is 10, and stefanie is 13.


I cannot believe all of the things that are happening back home. That is great to hear that shay´s husband is going to get baptized! I think that Talan gunnel is going to go to the Guatemala city central mission! Thats cool that kevin is auditioning for wind ansemble, I remember Mr. Koreski he is really good at playing the trombone.


This past week I tried a realy good food called Mole, it was awesome. The only thing is that it literally looks like poop (for lack of a better word). It is basically Platano (looks like a really big banana) with a special chocolate sauce.


Here in guatemala you can buy movies for really cheap like 5 or 10 quetzales (one dollar). I asked president brough if I could buy a whole bunch to bring home to you guys...but he said no. Mainly because all of the movies here are all pirated and that is against the law.


There is a recent convert in my area that cooks lunch for us on sundays. Last sunday she told me that I am a fresita (fres means strawberry, but when someone calls you that in guatemala that means that they think that you are femenine). Darn. When She told me that it made me turn really red, which made things worse because fresa´s (strawberrys) are red. That is the first time that anyone has ever told me that I am femenine. I asked her porque (why) and she just said, " i dont know, you just look like one of those guys that washes his face with special face wash everynight" That made me turn even more red because, I actually do do that, but I didnt think that it was a femenine thing to do! Mom! you said that all men do this! Just by the fact that I turned red they all knew that it was true, and they were all dying of laughter. She thought it was hilarious and know she wont stop calling me Elder Fresita. Thanks mom.


I cool experience this week is that a less active member came to church on sunday for the first time in 20 years, and she brought her. 12 year old son. After all of the meetings we asked her son if he liked the church and the first words that came out of his mouth were "Yah! I loved it and I want to get baptized". Sweet!

Well I love you guys and I hope that you continue to have success in your studying and work.

Happy birhday Dad!

Love,

Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment