Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Awesome Stake Conference 3-13-2012

Hola Familia!

This week was pretty cool.

The first cool thing that happened was that we had stake conferance and Elder Martino and the Temple President spoke to the stake, and they gave really really good talks. They talked about how all of the families need to pray and have family home evenings consistently. The sad part was that only one of our investigadors showed up. In the morning we called all of our investigadors and they all had sudden changes of plan (sickness, work, etc...). If only they had listened to the talk of elder martino I think that they all would have been instantly converted or something.

The other cool thing that happened is that I think that I have officially overcome my fear of contacting buses, its not scary any more. Alot of people say that it is not effective, which is kind of true. Considering that in one bus of 50 people maybe 1-2 people will give you their adress. But, if you think about it saying no to a stranger who is asking for you direction on a public bus in a dangerous city is easy. However saying yes, is harder, therefor the 1-2 references that we recieve are really good ones. So its kind of like finding the needle in the hay stack.

The other cool thing is that we my companion and I totally healed a kid who was sick. We have some really good investigadors that had a little 2 year old kid that was sick throwing up all week and he pretty much had not eaten anything all week because he couldnt keep anything down. They took him to the doctors office and the doctor told them that they had to take them to a special childrens doctor really far away in the coast. Me and My companion stopped by and just happend to find them right as they were walking out of the door. They asked us if we could pray for them and their sick son before the got on the bus. So we went inside, and we explained to them about the priesthood a little bit and told them how we perform blessings. A couple of days later, we talked to them and they told us that as they were on there way to the coast they said that there son suddenly just got better. They said he was playing and jumping around and stuff. When they got to the doctor he no longer had throwing up a dn diarhea problems. That really helped strenghten the faith of this family.

My companion got really sick again and so I had to go out and work with a member for the whole day. Poor guy, its the second time that hes gotten sick.

Another cool thing that happened is that yesterday for p-day my companion and I went to a members house to play board games. We played risk (but we gave up half way through), and we played a game of scrabble in spanish. It was really funny because I was playing against 3 latinos and I won! hahaha, it was hilarious they were all ashamed. Gift of Tounges baby!

i cannot believe that Kristen is going to be home in 2 weeks, that is awesome. I just passed the 20 month mark on the 7th.

I love you guys and I cant wait to hear from you next week.

Love,
Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment