Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

21 Years Old! 2-15-2012

Hola Familia!

What a great week. It is really awesome to hear that Kristen has a companion from Guatemala! Here are some Guatemalan slang that she could use:

Pilas! = awesome
Chapin = guatemalan
Puchika = darn it
que Calidad! = sweeeeet!
que Chilero = really cool
si mon = ya man
hey mucha! = hey guys!

That is also good to hear that Grandma is doing well, I was praying for her. Thats also sweet that kevin was able to recieve some revelation for his deacons quorum!

This week was full of miracles. First of all, 4 of our investigadors accepted baptismal dates! hermana flor, and her 3 hijas kimberly, stephanie, and karen. Flors husband didnt want to but, he did pray for the first time ever! He refused to pray to god, even personaly but he finally did it. And when he did it he prayed perfectly like a mormon.

The other miracle is that in the mission we set a new record for new investigadors found! we found 1, 273 new investigadors in just one week! Our faith is going up, and as a result god is blessing us.

I got to go on divisiont this week with two elders and they are both called Elder Cruz. It was really fun, because we just worked our butts off. With the first Elder Cruz, I knew that he is kind of Quiet so I thought that it would be good for him to contact a bus, hahaha. It was funny, When I stood up infront of the bus and preached I told everyone that there was another Elder on the bus who was going to go seat by seat to write down their directions, haha, I have never seen anyone slunk down in his chair faster then him. He was probably thinking, "I dont know him, i dont know him." But I think that helped him because this week him and his companion found 34 new investigadors.

There is also a family in our ward that is really pilas. They took us around their neigborhood and introduced us to all of their friends and neighboors. They live in a gated community, gated communities in guatemala look like high security prisons from the outside, but on the inside I felt like I was back in the states. Nice green lawns, kids playing in the street, lawn mowing people. middle aged men washing cars. There was no loud music playing. In these areas we are not alowed to enter unless we are invited by someone who lives there. And if you contact inside of the gated community, the security guards will kick you out. But they cant kick us out if we contact with people that live there. That family helped us alot this week.

I also completly forgot that yesterday was my birthday, and I am now 21 years old. Witch means that my intermediate drivers licence has expired.

Love,
Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment