Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"It's Free!" 2-7-2012

Hola Familia!

This week was great! I was able to learn alot! I made the decision to startcontacting entire buses again, and I made that decision for severalreasons. One I knew that satan would hate it, and God would love me evenmore and bless me with families to teach. Second, We have a goal as amission to baptize more than 600 people in the next 4 months and I realizedthat I needed to up my game alittle bit. Third, I want to set a goodexample for my zone.

I had a really funny experience contacting a bus on wednesday night. Iyelled at the top of my lungs the message of the restoration and thenafterword I held up a bunch of restoration pamphlets in my hand and yelled"WHO WANTS ONE!" and it was just dead silent, hahaha. Then I yelled "ANDITS FREE!" and saw almost everyhand on the bus shoot upward, hahaha, Iactually didnt have enough pamphlets for everyone. I got a couple of goodreferences from that bus. President Brough has been teaching us thedoctrine about opening our mouths, and I believe that this is the way thatwe will be able to accomplish our goals.

This week I also talked with a man that really inspired me. It was a doorcontact we did on the way to another appointment. A man let us in, and wefelt prompted to stay even though we were on our way to differentappointment. We told him we were going to be brief and we jsut started totalk with him. He told us that when he was little he grew up on the streetsbecause he doesnt have parents, he said that he had a goal to find work andstart a family, so he did. He said that his family brought him more peaceand happiness than anything else. However his wife past away after 25 yearsof marriage, and one of his two chidren was murdered, leaving behind anorphaned child. He lives alone with his grandson, works all day, washes hisown clothes, cooks, and does everything. oh yah, and he is also blind inone eye. When we arrived he was stripping wire in order to sell the copper.Inspite of everything he told us that he feels like the richest man in theworld with all of the blessings that he has. We testified to him that hecan see his family togather again. WE were unable to get a returnappointment with him because he works so much, His story really touched my heart.

Right now I am on divisions with another elder in my Zone he is calledelder Cruz. little does he know that we are going to go contact a bus assoon as we are done wrighting. Waaahhaaahahaha. President Brough Told usthat when we go on division with the elders we have to leave themexhausted. This is going to be fun, sorry elder cruz but its for your own good buddy.

This week we were able to find 21 new investigadors, and I think it isbecause we have increased our efforts to open our Bocas (that means mouths).

So whats this news about Shay frenzel and Samathna peterson getting marriedall about, when did that happen? I guess I have been out here alittle bitlonger than I thought. We are all growing up so fast. Thats also cool tohear that Kevin is deacon's qourum president, looks like he's right ontrack. Oh yah, today I passed the 19 month mark just incase you werewondering. I have 5 more months left to work my but off.

Well I love you guys and I will write next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment