Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, August 8, 2011

"I Used to Love Pizza" 8-1-2011

HI!

This week was a rollercoaster! I dont really know where to start. Um I guess I will start on Wednesday when I got super sick. Basically my entire system just shut down, I puked my guts out, and I could hardly move becuase my whole body hurt. I thought I hate Denge (bone break fever) or something. I almost threw up during a lesson but we finished just in time. I also got 11 cold sores on my lower lip, and I ran out of that cold sore medicine you gave me like last month. Needless to say I spent that day, and that night, lying in my bed thinking "why me? why me?" The next day we had zone conferance, which is really important to go to. I felt better until they gave us my best dream, and worst nightmare, for lunch. They gave each and every one of us an entire pizza from pizza hut! AHHHHHHH! Why me! My whole mission I have always thought, " for zone confereance, the mission should just give all of us a pizza and keep it simple" And ofcourse the day they actually do it, I am sick. Its ok. Life is full of obstacles.....but this is not all. Why we were at zone conferance, there was some kind of land slide in my area because it rained alot. And that land slide blocked the only entrance into the city were I work. So Me and my companion had to get off the bus anf walk about 2 miles in our suits to get back to our house because the line of cars was huge. I got mud all over my suit pants. But thats ok we talked to a really nice old lady like half of the way and helped her carry her grocerie bags. When we got back to the house, we noticed that our kitchen was flooded, and we really didnt care. By this time it was getting dark and we were late for our appointments. So we rushed up the ginormous hill and we noticed that there was no power in the whole city. That comlicated things a bit, My companion had his flash light with him.We managed to to have one lesson which was good. By the end of the day I had completely forgotten that I was sick. On friday we got to do a cool service project as well. We got to help remove a tree that fell on a members house, and we did it using machetes which was even cooler. I love weeks like this as I look back on it I am able to learn a ton.

We also whad one of the most unforgetable lessons I have ever had in my mission this week. Elder Cruz and I are currently teaching a part member family were the husband is a faithful member of the church but the wife is strongly against the church (how they got married, i have know idea) She is very hard. Needless to say we had an appointment with them, but they werent there, we waited out side for a little bit wondering what we should do when their neighboor (the bishop and father of ricardo) saw us on his way to mutual. He told us that they were inside his house with his family. Me and Elder Cruz really did not want to teach her with her entire mormon family there because she has expressed to us the strong pressure she has felt from her inlaws to get baptized. Neverthe less, the bishop, was watching so we knocked on the door and went in and before we knew it the whole family and our investigator were sitting there waiting for us to start. This is the first time in my mission were I had absolutely no idea whatsoever what I should say! It was the worst feeling in the world. I decided that the best thing to do would be to follow the spirit and say what ever came to my mind. It was probably the most choppy lesson I have ever had, I had know Idea where I was going. Then I had the idea to tell all of the family members to bare there testimonies and thats when things started to get good. During this small testimony meeting I was noticing that the investigator was not paying attention at all. Then the bishop came home, and me and my companion decided to wrap up the lesson because we saw that it was going no where. We testified to her and challenged her to read and pray to know if the book of mormon is true and she told us no! Me and elder Cruz were about ready to cry! and to make things worse the lights went out. But then the bishop had the prompting to share a really personal story with us about his father and he bore his testimony. The spirit was so strong, I knew that the investigator was paying attention even though it was dark and couldnt see very well. I really dont know what to think about this lesson, but we felt the spirit strongly.

Well, I love you guys, I love the church, I love Jesus, and I used to love Pizza.

Love,

Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment