Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3 Families 8-22-11

HI

I started to process of cleaning off my memory card for my camera but it
said that it would take 30 minutes and I dont have 30 minutes so I had to
stop it. But next week I will try harder to clean it off so that I can take
some pictures and send them to you. I havent taken any pictures in like a
month and I feel like my future grandchildren are going to hate me because I
left the past month of my mission with out a visual record. But its ok.

This week was pretty good. WE were able to find 3 families this week! 2 of them
are part member families that we found by complete accident on the same day.
Last monday was a holiday for Guatemala city, it is a celebration of some
kind of virgen or something in the catholic church. we were talking with all
of the people and the only thing they cared about was staying in there house
and sleeping. Which for us was amazing. Elder Pineda and I decided to pick
one street and contact everysingle house on that street, and we found both
of these families right next to each other it was awesome. One of the
families has a really sad story. The member dorita is currently married to
her second husband and living with her only living child. She was once
sealed happily everafter in the temple with her husband who was called as a
bishop. Needless to say her husband started drinking, got killed and she
went in active because she got offended. 2 of her 3 sons got involved in a
gang, and were sent to prison and were killed right after they got out. Her
living son now is 20 years old and has now clue that he was born in the
covenent and is also making some very wrong life choices. It is very sad to
see people who once were one the right path to become so lost. But believe
it our not our savior Jesus Christ can help people who have fallen off the
path like hermana dorita and.

This week We invited the bishop to two appointments that we thougt he could
really help. One of them was with the Husband of hermana Amanda. Hermana
Amanda wanted to get baptized like 3 months ago but her husband didnt want
to get married to her. Yesterday we were finally able to sit him down (with
the bishop present) and commit him to get married. THe Bishop Rodas
tesitified with so much power and authority to this brother, I could hardly
breath because the spirit was so strong, I thnk that he might actually get
married. The bishop also came with us to one of the families that is part
member that we found on monday which was also amazing. I have a new found
testimony about working with the members.

I am doing awesome my comp is learning alot as well and is also awesome. It
is really funny to be able to see some of his experiences as a newbie. I
reminds me uf my first transfer with my trainer. OH man, right now it jsut
started to dump down rain outside. You guys cannot believe how hard it rains
here, washington rain is nothing.


Love you guys

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment