Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Final CCM e-mail 9/6

Hola! Today is my last day en la CCM. It has been a really nice day, they have been giving us the easiest day ever. Tonight we are supposed to have our "last supper". They hired caterers so it should be pretty good. They have been telling us alot of practical knowledge and stuff that we can all apply to our specific missions. For example, I learned that lots of ladies here, and some men, like to plant kisses on the cheek upon greeting. They told us Elders not to kiss them back for obvious reasons. I think that its really cool that my first full day in the mission field is the same day as kristens first day in the MTC. Kristen can expect to gain about 10 pounds there, I know that I did. I was able to loose it all here in guatemala though. i forgot to tell you guys that this past week I got sick twice, along with about 30 other elders. I sleep on the top bunk. My companion sleeps on the bottom. He says that he really likes it when he wakes up to the sound of a waterfall landing right next to him. Needless to say I threw up alot and I somehow was able to throw up on all of my companions stuff, hahaha. The mission office is like 3 minutes away from the CCM but my area could be as far as 2 hours away from here. They said that we should expect to baptize about 3-4 people a month. My mission has one of the best baptism rates in guatemala. With me in the mission the average should increase to about 5. I very well could have a baptism within 2 weeks. I am super excited. My next letter should be very interesting. Hope all is well at home, tell kristen that the MTC is really fun. i am more than ready to leave the MTC for good however. The best trick I have learned as far as learning spanish is concernced is that whenever I hear someone speaking spanish i repeat everysingle word they say in my head. It helps. Hopefully Kristens teachers can speak spanish good. Thanks for all of the support. I will report my experience my next p-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment