Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Companion Elder Gutierrez 10/25/10

Hello Family,
I didnt get to ride on top of any buses this week but thats ok this week was still really cool. I got my new companion! His name is Elder Gutierrez from panama. He doesnt speak english, It is the strangest feeling not being to speak english with anyone, I literally cannot speak english except for right now because I am writing in english. Iam really glad that I got a latino companion however becaus now I am going to see my spanish improve alot! In the past week My spanish really has improved. My companion is a really good guy, who wants to work hard. I am glad, I really lucked out with my new companion. My district was credited for getting more than half of the baptisms and me and my old comp had the majority of those, I expect to hold this standard througout my whole mission.
Here is my number one spiritual experience for his week. Me and elder gutierrez had an appointment with the family that me and Elder Misini baptized. The moment we walked into their house I saw one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. There entire family was reading out of the Book of Mormon! They each had their own copy, which we had given them, and they were reading as a family! This has got to be one of he happiest moments in my life. It made me realize the impact that I had actually had on their lives, they have changed. They are now on of the most active members in our tiny little branch. I am just so happy right now just because I saw the faith that has grown within their family.
My favorite food experience this week. I have found my favorite food here. It is called a Tomale! except the tomale I ate was not just any ordinary tomale, it was made out of MASHED POTATOES! I almost started to cry when I was eating it, its almost like I have been searching for this food item my entire mission. It was so good. How they make tomales is they take a big banana leaf and inside of the leaf they pile meat, spices, some kind of dough made out of corn and a chile on top and they wrap all of that inside of the banana leaf like a giant tortilla. This is what I ate, except with Mashed potatoes instead of he corn stuff! This is another reason for my happiness.
On Tuesday me and Elder Misini got permission from the president to visit his old area in the coast because it was his last p'day. It was really cool, but it was also really hot! it was way hot. I also made the whole 2 hour ride there in the back of a members pick up truck, and I forgot sunscreen. As You can imagine I got really really sunburnt. My red face really amazes the natives. I got to see the beach and the culture down there, it was pretty interesting.
That is really cool to here about the new stake, and the new stake presidency, I had a feeling that bro. Lavering would be in it, haha. It will be really weird when I get back. Anyways I am working hard and walking alot and will continue to do so. Happy Haloween!
Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment