Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, October 11, 2010

"Conference is like better than Disneyland" 10/4/2010

Hola Familia
Man oh man this was probably the best weekend ever! conference is like better than disneyland. This was probably the best session of conference I have ever been to. They gave all of the Gringo elders in my zone a special english room so that we could listen to it in english. it was amazing. I loved preisthood session, especially at the part when the choir sang. I actually saw one of my friends from BYU singing in the choir. THe saturday morning session was probably my overall favorite however. I was just eating all of the talks up. It seemed like I could apply everysingle topic to something in my mission.
I attached a bunch of pictures, the chords I have work perfectly on the computer Im using plus this computer is actually really fast to so I was able to attach alot. We also get more time to email here in the mission field. I attached photos from the guatemala MTC which I took outside of the temple. I also attached the photos I took on our little mini vacation the mtc president took us on. I also attached my baptism photos, as well as some landscape pics and some pictures of spiders to.
I read nelsons letter which was really interesting. I definetly want to exchange bug and jungle stories when we get back. I also thought it was funny that the missionaries in Japan are suffering from the always hungry pandemic as well. I think pretty much every elder in a foreign country is destined to be hungry forevor, hahaha.
So we have 4 baptisms set up for this month, and we may find some more people to baptize. My spanish is improving, I know pretty much what everyone is saying I just cant transalte it exactly. I am also adjusting better to the culture, I just wish my stomach would catch up with me. I didnt throw up this week which is a plus. THere are alot of foods here that I really like. For example at nighttime everyone here drinks something called Atole which is like hot milk, rice, suger and cinnamon. I have yet to figure out how to make it, but I love it! THere is also this soup that people make here which is like chicken broth with big eggs in it. THe equivelent is basically top ramen with eggs in it, I love IT! I also really like jsut eating beans with bread or tortilla with a little egg, creme, and avocado. People here eat tortillas for breakfast lunch and dinner, everyone always has a tortilla in their hand while they are eating. I am also starting to get to like a popular drink down here called Horchata which is really weird but good at the same time. Oh yah, people eat a ton of chicken here as well. One thing I dont like is that people never feed us beans, because they think its like a low class food, but its like my favorite. Another thing about Guatemala is that they suck and baking cakes, holy cow I havent had a good pastry in forevor, that is something I am going to miss from home. OH yah and they dont sell rootbeer here.
Tommorow our zone is going on a field trip to Antigua for our P-day. ITs supposed to be really cool and authentic. I guess it used to be the captial for something big but I dont remember. THere are alot of really old colonial buildings from when the spanish came that are still there. Plus I heard they may sell rootbeer there.
This week should be good. OH by the way I have gotten all of grandmas letters I just havent had time to write back yet, I am going to buy some letters tommorow. I have officially been in the mission field one month and I love it!
Love Elder West
p.s I will always be taller than Kevin, bahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment