Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5th CCM e-mail 8/25/2010

Greetings familia! I still havent figured out how to indent so please for give me. So this last week was my first week speaking only spanish! well at least I tried my best, I think I got about 85%. My spanish is getting better, there are alot of missionaries who are still really struggling, I feel blessed that I am one of the lucky ones that is picking it up so fast. Today we are going to the temple to do a session only in spanish, hahaha, I hope that goes well. Hopefully we will be able to understand most of it. Me and four other missionaries are going to sing on sunday to Come Come Ye Saints. Since I have been on my mission I think my singing has improved, or it could just be that or everyone else in my district sucks at singing. Time is flying by really fast, I cant believe that I will be in my first area in two weeks. It really is starting to rain more and more here, apparently september is like the rainiest time of the year. So I am going to be entering into my first area and get really wet. Today i am going to buy a wateproof scripture case, my scriptures got really wet yesterday, fortunately there not real leather so there still in pretty good shape. Boy you cannot believe the view I have right now of the Temple it is amazing. Today the haircut guy came and gave everyone haircuts, and it was really funny how everyones hair turned out. they all hate it, hahaha. I just told him to buzz it and was satisfied. my companions face was priceless while he was getting his haircut, it looked like he was going to cry, haha. Oh yah, so I have a question about that tea tree oil you sent me with for feet fungus and stuff, my companion has got it bad but I dont know how to use it. Haha, poor Elder Tebbs. On sunday we got to watch a movie called a Journey of Faith that was about actual proof people have foudn about the Book of Mormon. It traced the journey of Lehi and his family and showed video of where they might have walked and stuff. It is really interesting I recomend it. Plus it mentions Guatemala at the end so that was my favorite part. Man I cant believe I have been out for 2 months already. When Kristen goes to chicago she will probably have at least one or two companions who are latino and dont speak english so even though she is still stateside she will learn spanish really good. Then we could totally talk in spanish like all the time. This week I am going to try to speak only in spanish again. My goal is also to be more mature and christlike as well. This last week I was in a really grumpy mood because no one else in my zone was doing a good at only speaking spanish, but then on sunday I had the greatest revelation. All of us missionaries have lessons in store for us in our missions, it is not my job to worry about it. The lessons we learn on our missions are definetly going to refine us into the men that our Lord would want us to be. All of our lessons and tests in this mission will be different. Anyways I only have two minutes left so i better say good by! Love You guys, Elder Barry Michael West. P.S i sent a letter to megan and Kevin that should get there in like a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment