Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2nd CCM E-mail - July 3rd, 2010

Hey guys thanks for the emails! Its really difficult to type on this spanish keyboard so forgive me for my errors. This week I have noticed some big improvements in my spanish, I still suck but I can communicate for the most part. We study in testimony meeting I was able to understand all of the speakers just fine. We study mainly gospel related spanish words so I can talk about the gospel really good but I cant talk about very much else either. I think I am one of the more advanced speakers in my district. I am really suprised at how well I have been able to memorize words. i definelty think my prayers are being answered everyday. The food here is awesome, aside form the fact that everysingle north american Elder in my district is experiencing the some digestion problems, if you know what I mean. This morning for breakfast we had black beans, eggs, fried plantane, and some kind of pourage stuff. Suprisingly we have only had beans twice this whole time, im kinda of disappointed. Next monday we are going to venture out into the city and contact real People! I am so nervous. they are going to assign us a Latino elder and fling us out into central park to contact people. I here that this is a really humbling experience. After 3 weeks they make it a rule that we cant speak english at all. My latino roomates are really nice, some of them are really small to. They are probably about as tall as kevin if not shorter. They help my out with my spanish alot. I make it a goal to learn atleast 40 new words a day. I dont think that I have ever acheived that but haveing that goal really helps me to work harder. I have learned the importance of planning, I am pretty sure I have something planned like every minute of the day. My room is right next to the street, and my window doesnt close all the way so my room is really loud from the sound that the cars make. There were several times when I thought I heard gunshots but it was probably just like a car backfiring or something. This area is really safe it seems. it is probably one of the wealthiest areas in the country. I saw an audi and a BMW dealership on my way here from the airport. It has bee raining alot as was accpected. i t rains almost everyday, and when it rains it rains hard. Tommorow i get to go to the temple with my district and I am super excited, they are going to let us do a session in english. The scenery here is amazing, the ccm is sourounded by densly tree covered hills with houses on them. It really does look like like a jungle. My teachers here are all pretty good, they all speak some english fot the most part so thats really nice. They tell us that we are in the biggest group to ever enter the ccm. there are 130 of us and the normal capacity is like 99. These next few months is going to be like the biggest surge of spanish missionaries ever. I bet thats where kristens going. I do have one favor to ask, I dont have any ones address so I cant write anyone except for you guys, there was a girl named Amy Perez who wanted mw to write her and I fell bad because i left her address at home, she wrote me a card that saiys Elder west on the fornt and she wrote he address on the back. Thanks. Anyways it was good to her from you guys, hope you have a good time at high adventure and what not. I only have one minute left on my email so i got to finish or else it will kick me off. Adios. Yo se que el evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero. Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment