Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4th CCM e-mail

8-17-2010

Hi guys, I got the email from kristen about her mission call! that is super exciting, I totally made an announcment to the whole computer lab about it. Me and Kristen can talk spanish togather when we get back and it will be buenisimo. I am officially starting the downhill stretch of the MTC, only three more weeks left. A bus load of 50 new norte americanos comes in today, thats the biggest group of norte americanos ever to be in the CCM, there is also going to be 30 more latinos that are coming. Presidente Steimle, our CCM president committed us to only speak spanish for the next three weeks 24/7. right now we are only using half of the CCM fore missionaries, the other half is a hotel for people visting the temple, as soon as the other temples around here are finished they will convert this whole place into the CCM for all of central america. We are pretty much the last small group of norte americanos to be here. Presidente steimle wants to reform the way the CCM works by making all of the 3 weekers speak only spanish. They tried it in the past with no success because no one actually took it seriously. But it is really important that we only speak spanish because if we only speak spanish all of the missionaries that will follow us will do the same from our example. Yesterday was the first day that I had gone all day speaking only spanish and it was nuts! i was suprised at how well I was able to survive however. Today we went on a field trip of sorts into the city to see a few sites. The first thing we saw was this Giant relief map of the entire country of guatemala, It was amazing! you have got to look it up on google or something. After that we went to the central mercado (central market and looked around. I bought a cool handwoven bag for 50 quetzales which is about 6 dollars. Its a tradition that all the missionaries get a cool bag. However I probably cant buy anything else for a long time now. The cool thing about this market was that the majority was underground, it was really cool. While we were there someone came up and started talking to us about our church and I had no clue what he was saying. I did find out that other missionaries had tought him before and we were able to get his information and give the reference to missionaries who are in the field. There was also this preacher guy with a microphone that was like yelling at us to, haha, that was kind of interesting. There were also some people from Utah who came and talked to us for a while. After that we went and ate at Wendys which was fricken amazing because I hadnt had french fries in like a month. We then went to go see this mound which is supposed to have like a mayan ruin underneath it. The cool thing was that is was right in the middle of the busiest part of the city, not what I expected at all. There was a really cool museam that had a ton of real artifacts in it, as well as two skelatons. It was really cool. part of the museum was underneath the Ruin itself. That was a really cool experience I took some pictures that i can show you guys some time if I can figure out a way to send you some. OH and another thing, there was like a terrential rain storm like half of the time and me and my companion got soaked. The holy ghost did tell us to bring our raincoats though so it was alright. Right now there is 4 minutes left and the big red timer on my screen is blinking big time. Tonight the new guys come and I think my freind Jace Norton will be with them. Oh yah can you guys send me peters address he sent me an email but Im only allowed to write him back. Thanks! In 3 weeks the real test begins! HOly moly I am excited! Love, Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment