Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Missed the 5:30 bus 11/8/10

Hola Familia!
What a great week I have had, I dont even know where to start. This past sunday was awesome, we had testimony meeting and 2 of my recent converts shared their testimony. It was amazing. I also had one of my recent converts receive the melchezedic preisthood! on top of that 5 investigadors came to church. I just feel so good inside. On thursdy we got to listen to Elder Martino speak to my zone wich was really inspiring, I learned that the story about alma and amulek applies perfectly to reactivating inactive members and teaching lessons with a member present. Amulek was an inactive member who turned out to be a really good tag along missionary with a killer testimony.
This week it turned cold, and I mean Cold! I did not expect this at all. My area is seriously up there in the mountains. Dont worry mom my I am warm at night, and my jackets are perfectly satisfactory. But I am sick however. But its ok its just a little cold I can still work. I am trying out blowing my nose in my hankerchief which is something I have never done before. I feels weird putting my hankercheif back in my pocket after I have blown snot all over it. These next few months will be really really cold, unless I get moved to the coast next change, if thats the case I will be really hot.
On thursday me and my comp went on an excursion to our areas that really far away. It took us like 40 minutes to get there by bus and then 20 minutes of walking by foot to get to where we needed to go. I I think I must have like one of the largest areas in the mission because that is just insane. These areas are out in the country, we actually drive over the mountain that I live on and go down into the other valley part. It was really good because we ended up putting another baptismal date for the end of this month. However in the process of doing so we missed the last bus of the day that goes back to our house! hahaha. Apparently the last bus is at 5:30 pm. So me and my comp were stuck one hour away from our house it was completely dark, except for a few scattered street lights, no flashlight, no phone, and it was really cold. So what did we do? we started to walk, with fe. after walking for about 30 minutes we hitched a ride in the back of some guys truck, but he was only going half the distance that we needed. SO we walked some more. After about 15 minutes we hitchiked ourselves another ride in the back of some guys truck back to our home base. That was my really fun experience for the week. And now we know that the bus leaves at 5:30.
I think I am fully acustomed to the food here now, which is awesome. I ordered some peanut butter and jelly from the mission office as a little treat for my self. I didnt have any cool food stories this week, but I sohould have more because we are approaching the holiday season.
Anyways, It is good to here that kevin recieved my letter. Happy b-day brother! and its good to here that he is also developing some guns like his big bro. It really cool that Kristen is leaving tommorow for chicago, I cant wait to hear what her experience is. Oh and HI Grandma, I recieved a pile of letters from you today. Thanks for sending those I like them alot! It is amazing how time flies, in december I will have been on my mission for 6 months! there are a whole lot of people I need to baptize still. Thanks for writing to me. I love hearing about whats going on at home.
Love
Elder Barry Michael West


No comments:

Post a Comment