Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Tomale's 11/29/2010

Hola Familia!

Ok I attached all of the photos I took this week as well as the photos I took last week. Sorry I didnt send a letter last week, the computer turned off while I was still writing and I didnt have enough money to pay for more time. Thank you so much for the packages! Merry Christmas! I got the packages from grandma as well. I also got a bunch halloween themed letters from grandma, thanks for the chololate bar! Im not sure which arrives faster pouch or normal mail. Sometimes it takes forevor tt get here and sometimes it gets here really fast. Me and my companion loved the food that was in those packages! especially the beef jerkey. My companion has never tried beef jerkey in his life and he likes it alot. I also really liked the salmon. Iam going to try and not open up the gifts until christmas but I cant make any promises.

This week was awesome, we found 14 new investigadors, three families, and we had 2 baptisms. We baptized a 19 year old kid named Juan Manuel, he is really cool. But he always laughs at me because of my spanish, hahah, he especially thinks its funny when I say prayers. hahah, but hes a good guy and he really wanted to get baptized. WE also baptized the sister of his girlfriend, her name is Marlen Garcia Lopez she has 3 kids and has tons of problems with her husband. After her baptism she gave a really emotional testimony about how the gospel has and will continue to help her through her problems.

WE also had interviews with our mission president on friday. We have interviews with our president every 3 months. The interview I had lasted about 5 minutes, I was expecting something alittle bit more but thats ok. I also had to turn in my Ipod because I just learned that President clark of the area authrority seventy made it a rule that no missinoary in central america can have an I pod. SO I turned it it. The wife also did cleaning inspections on all of the misionaries houses, except for mine because my house is the farthest away in the zone. I cleaned for like 3 hours on p-day, bummer. but thats ok. I completely forgot about thanksgiving this week, the only reason I remembered was because Sister Baldwin made us pumpkin pie at our interviews.

I tried my first tomale this week! during the christmas time people start breakin out the tomales. and I love it! THe food here is stuff that I love, maybe I ate alot of guatemalan food in the pre-earth life. Saber (who knows), that is a special guatemalan form of the verb saber (to know) but here it can also mean Who -knows. My spanish is getting better, iam starting to get better at small talk, I can actually have fun in spanish now. I can talk to just about everyone now, I just need to increase my vocabulary more.

Thanks for the thanksgiving pictures. I love seeing whats going on down there in visual form. I got really hungry when I saw those pĂ­ctures. I am really hungry right now actually, for lunch we are going to eat churrasco which is another word for barbaque. This will be our last lunch as a district because tonight we find out who is going to have changes. I have a feeling that I am going to stay in the same area but , Saber (who knows). Thanks so much for the support and I encourage you to continue to send me stuff I like it alot.

Love

Elder West


No comments:

Post a Comment