Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

30 minute talks 1-3-2011

I accidentaly sent it before I was done writing it.

but anyways I have alot of really interesting stories to tell.

First of all we have 7 baptismal dates! and we are going to have more I think!

Second cool thing. Me and ELder Corrigan finally found one of our investigadors called Giovani. WE couldnt find him for like 3 weeks. We verysoon realized that he had relapsed into his alcohol addiction and was very drunk when we got there. So we decided that we werent going to stay long because there is not mubh you can teach with drunk guy. At first he was tranquil enough but then he started getting really anxious and had a bunch of anger flashes, and we would cry and then he would be fine again, then he would get mad at us then he would start joking around. We were honestly starting to get really scared and we were trying to leave but everytime we would try and leave he would bear hug us and keep us there. He asked us to put some oil on his head (because a couple weeks ago we gave him a blessing to help him stop drinking). IT took us about a minute or two to get him to lie down and calm down a bit so that we could actually put our hands on his head. I started the blessings and the first thing that popped into my head to say was to command any evil spirit in the room to leave. After I said that Giovani started to spaz out as if he were having a seizure or something he was convulging really violently. (so at this point I was about to pee my pants I did not know what was going on) So I assumed that he was possesed or something so I commanded the evil spirit to leave in the name of jesus christ, just in case it actually was an evil spirit. After I said that he stopped to thrash. He was still drunk but at least he wasnt convulging. HE then left and did some normal drunk stuff out in the street. He helped his neighboor move a huge pile of corn stalks. So I guess I might have cast out a demon of some sort. That really freaked me out.

NExt cool story. We have an investigador called Brenda. We found her about a week ago. we decided to go by and set up another appointment with here. When we got there she invited us in (but we couldnt because he uncle wasnt home) so we just had a little front porch chat. She told us that she was praying and pondering and she told us that she wants to get baptized. (On the inside my spirit was doind an Irish jig with joy) ON the outside I tried to contain my smile the best I could. I love it when that happens. It goes to show that The holy ghost really does all the work. We are just the messenger. She has some kind of diseas and is going to have an operation in 2 weeks.

We also tought another guy we found in the street a few weeks ago, his name is carlos. He was also drunk when we found him. apparently he has a wife and a kid in texas but he got deported because his visa ran out. he also told us that he wants to get baptized. Wohoooooo! He said he was reading 3 nefi 11 and he said that the whole time he was reading he just felt like this was true. THis chapter really called his attention, he said he didnt want to stop reading when he got to the end of the chapter. This is another example of how the spirit is really what does all the work. there are alot of prepared people here. We just have to find them.

The tradition for new years eve here in Zaragoza is that they have alot of little mascot dances in the street. IT is excellent. I took a picture of one from our apartment. They also light off a ton of fireworks at midnight, and at noon the next day.

In church 11 investigadors showed up! ME and my companion were also assigned 30 minute talks 5 minutes before sacrament meeting started. I blessed the sacrament, directed the hymns and gave a talk. My companion was only able to squeek out a 10 minute talk (he is still learning spanish) So I basically just stood up there and winged it for the rest of the hour.

O yah and we also found another golden family who makes homade pork rinds and sells them. They have gone to alot of churches and have never been able to find the right church. And they really want to investigate this one. Yes!

Elder Corrigan and I feel really blessed!

Love,

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment