Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Advice for Megan 10-10-2011

HI MUCHÁ!

(Muchá, is a slang term in guatemala for guys)This week I passed the 15th month mark, and am now in my seventh month herein peronia. I am going to be in this area about the same amount of time thatI had at BYU. Today everyone in the zone had our district meetings in thestake center because we are practicing a special musical number for zoneconferance. We are going to have 2 zone conferances in a row. We are goingto have one with President Brough on Wednesday and the following wednesdaywe are going to listen to Elder Martino (1st councilor in the areapresidency). On our way to the internet cafe we got really wet as we werewaiting outside for the bus to come. The rainDrops here are really reallyfat, they you can hear a small slapping sound when it smacks against yourskin. The spirit told me to put on my boots this morning but I didnt becausethere was not a cloud insight. I just finished drying out these shoes that Ihave on as well. My scriptures have gotten wet sooooooo much, they arereally wrinkly and they smell funny, and some of the pages have holes inthem, But I cant get rid of them because I have the whole book superhighlighted.

This week three of our baptismal date fell through, we still have 4baptismal date that are good however. One the dates that fell through is ayoung person called Esvin, he is 15 yearsold and has come to church forabout 2 months now. He really wants to get baptized but his parents wont lethim, because they want him to wait until he is bigger. The Other fecha waswith Brother Juan, the missionaries have been teaching him for about a yearand has been very close to baptism several times, we decided that we werentgoing to baptize him becauze he stopped reading, praying, and going tochurch. The other date was with Julia (the wife of Raul who is going to getbaptized in 2 weeks) but she didnt come to church, and we have rule that wecant baptize someone unless they have come to church 3 times.The other 4 fechas are awesome! Raul adn Yosselin, Alba and Caterine.

Some advice for Megan with her school friends. If someone asks you adoctrinal question that you dont know how to answer just say that you dontknow, you dont need to try and explain something you don´t know. Second tellthem about Joseph smith and the Book of Mormon becuase if the book of mormonis true it means that all of the commandments and "rules" that we have aretrue as well, and we dont have to ask why. And then just bear yourtestimony, nobody can deny the strong testimony that we have. Then givetheir phone number the missionaries and tell the missionaries what doubtsthey have, and go with them to teach your friends.

About 2 weeks ago we knocked on a door and a family let us in, after about 5minutes of talking we realized that it was the basement of another church!ooooppps! They started bombarding us with doctrinal questions, but because Ihave studied the scriptures i was able to answer, but they managed to stumpme on one question. They wanted me to define the word Terestial, I told themthat is was level of glory that we will recieve, but that wasnt enough. Soall that we could do was testify of the book of mormon, and it worked. Inthe end I dont think they changed, but I know that they could not deny thepower of our testimonies.Anyways I have got to go change my socks,

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment