Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

First MTC e-mail july 13th, 2010

Hola Familia!
Hello everybody! I'm totally just finished my first week at the MTC. It is the most amazing place ever! I have never felt the spirit so strongly before, I am just eating it up. Mi companion is Great we work really good together and we have really been working hard to learn spanish. My District is probably the best district in the whole wide world, we are all really good friends. I have been here 6 days and I can confidently say that I can now pray, bear my testimony, give a 5 minute talk, make a street contact and meet someone, and discuss the first lesson of the restoration in spanish. It is truly a miracle that we have been able to learn this language so well and so quickly. My prayers have definitly been answered and I know for a fact that everysingle missionary here is blessed with the gift of tounges it is nuts! The days are really long, but I dont really mind that much, learning spanish and the gospel is a really energizing thing. It is so refreshing to live the life of a missionary. This morning I shined my shoes for the first time, and it was probably one of the funnest things I have ever done, it seems kind of sad but that is what I look forward to on p-days. The food here is ok, its pretty much exactly the same as what I had at the Cannon center at BYU. Only two more weeks until I get to go to Guatemala! I cannot even begin to say how much I love it here at the MTC, it is the most awesome thing to be living with 2, 500 other 19 year old guys we are so funny! hahaha, as I was walking to the computer lab today I saw one elder walk straight into this pole, hahaha it was hilarious, even he was laughing. There is such a good spirit here. I dont think I can say that i have matured into a legit man yet but in time it will happen. Last night me and my roomies were laughing for like 20 minutes after lights out becuase of a really loud bodily function that I performed, it was legendary. Tommorow I get to teach my first lesson in spanish, my maestro has put my district on the fast track because we are all learning so fast. On saturday we are going to practice on volunteers that are going to pretend to be investigators, last saturday we got to observe other elders do the same thing. It was hilarious watching how bad they were! Even though I know I am going to be just as bad at teaching in spanish. I totally forgot to put my email on facebook can one of you guys do that, Gracias! Anyways I hope you guys are doing well, the Church is true! Yo se que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero, y Dios tiene un plan pare nosotros regrasar con El. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! IM on my flippin mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment