Elder West's Favorite Scripture

And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the work of truth and righteousness (Alma 38:9)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bus Accident Miracle! 4-10-2012

Dear Famila,

This week I have alot of great stories. First of all my companion and i were able to witness a miracle. Last week I mentioned to you guys that our recent converts who got baptized last sunday got in a bus crash, but I still didnt know the details. Elvis the husband told us that his wife and 2 year old son were sitting in the first row (the most dangerous row because there is nothing in front of them to prevent them from flying through the windhshield) and Elvis was sitting in the las row, with their bags. Elvis said that their bus was racing with another bus to pick up more passengers than the other (that is normal in guatemala). The bus went into the opposite lane to pass when it ran into the back of a semi trailer. Elvis said that he felt the bus brake which gave him just enough time to brace him self grabbing on to the luggage rack above his head (which ultimately saved him) After he recovered he immediately moved forward to find his wife and son. He said that as he was walking forward he was seing the injuries getting worse and worse, and he was just imagining his wife and son completly mutilated. There were people with their legs bent back over their heads, a lady with her eyeball hanging out in her hand, people with head injuries. he got to the front and found his wife and son covered in blood. His wife said dont worry this blood isnt ours it was from the person sitting next to them. His son was completly unscratched, and he wasnt even crying. His wife didnt have a single scracth either. The only thing is that she broke her femur. It is truly a miracle that they are fine. And they still need to recieve the holy ghost. I remember praying for them to be protected in their journey, and god listened to our prayers. Elvis and his son were the only 2 people that left the accident unharmed. The other part of the miracle is that He has health insurance and they got married in the nick of time, so that his wife can also benefit from that. They wanted to wait more time to get married but they acted with faith.

As a zone we decided to get on a bus at the same time and sing a hymn, it was pretty cool. The bus was really bumby and so it sounded like I had really good vibrato when I was singing. We also got some good references from that.

Other random things that happened:
  • I accidentally knocked my companions mouth wash into the toilet twice. :)
  • Me and my companion designed a sweet t shirt for our zone
  • we found a really good part member family that wants to come to church.
  • I walked into the bathroom at the church and a guy in one of the stalls said Hola! and so I responded. But it turned out that he was just talking on the phone and not talking to me.
  • We had a zone leader council with president brough and he tought us some really profound doctrine that blew my mind.
  • Its really hot
  • We went contacting in a gating community (gated communities dont let people contact in them). We got to be really good buds with the watchmen and they let us in without presenting ID or anything.
Well, anyways I am doing well. You guys can talk to me about kristen coming home dont worry it doesnt make me baggy. But it looks like my brigde is still holding up alright, that was 4 years ago, I cant believe that. I tried to attach some fotos right now but it didnt work. Time is going by really fast it is nuts.

Love,

Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment